Monday, January 12, 2009

The Beginning of It All

I always thought I did pretty well in the grocery department. I spent no more than $600 a month for my six, including diapers, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Then I discovered this lady who only spent $800 for the entire year of 2008 on her family of four. Check it out here.

After reading some of her blog, I have been inspired, no, challenged, to do better myself. After all, who couldn't use a few thousand dollars a year more? So here is my blog to track my spending. The basic goal is around $60 a week. It may vary according to the sales every week, however the ultimate goal (which is how I came up with $60 a week) is to spend no more than $3200 for the year for my family of six. It should be interesting considering with my budget last year I spent $7200.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Shelly! Thanks for visiting my blog. Your's looking very interesting. Do you read "The Grocery Cart Challenge?" Gayle's a family of six and is trying to do this, too. She may have some good tips for you. I love Erin's blog, too. Good luck!!! Jennifer @ cooking like a frugalite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award. Check it out at
    http://frugalcooker.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-got-award.html
    Congratulations!! Jennifer @ Cooking Like A Frugalite

    ReplyDelete